Using web analytics tools, like Google Analytics, is absolutely essential to any digital marketing effort. Their capacity to provide actionable insights on how users interact with a website is almost limitless. But, they are very complex services—knowing how to extract and compile the appropriate data can be tedious and overwhelming, and understanding its implications is certainly easier when you have an experienced eye.
We rely on good analytics to guide all of our digital marketing strategy:
- Knowing what keywords your visitors are using informs SEO strategy.
- Seeing how visitors interact with your site highlights UX issues.
- Understanding which campaigns convert guides PPC budget allocation.
- Monitoring traffic sources can show how offline campaigns measure up to digital ones.
- Tracking bounce rates and time on site can advise content creation and conversion optimization.
But the power of analytics is amplified when metrics like these are overlaid and tracked against business goals. Only then can you calculate the true return on your digital marketing investment.