Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates for this position will be expected to:
Conduct Keyword/Persona Research
- Use a variety of tools, competitive research and other methods to discover optimal keyword targets appropriate to the business needs of the client.
- Determine the persona of the ideal target for each client, and align SEO strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Determine the metrics that are most important/relevant to each client, and align SEO strategies and tactics to maximize impact (and ROI) within the budget available.
Develop High Quality, Search Engine Optimized Content
- Understand and research client business/services to discover valuable opportunities and topics for original content.
- Create unique content for websites, blogs, infographics, videos, white papers, PDFs, etc.
- Source relevant images and accompanying graphics from online and real world sources.
- Implement SEO best practice content strategies that correspond to client goals, keywords, and persona research.
Promote Client Content Through Outreach
- Discover and build relationships with client industry-specific blogs, influencers, forums, and databases.
- Stay abreast of outreach techniques in relation to client industry, Google algorithm updates and compliance roadblocks.
- Work closely together with the responsible person for social media to promote new and existing content.
- Find out how and if content is shared on social networks and how to streamline it by analyzing how people talk about it and what they think.
- Use social media insights as a research basis for future content ideas and opportunities.
- Clearly convey campaign progress, priorities, issues, concerns, new strategy ideas, etc.
- Prepare project deliverables with a high-level of quality (in terms of both substance and format). Documents will be accurate, grammatical, easy to read, and spell-checked.
- Surface project/campaign issues to SEO manager in a timely manner, in order to provide highly responsive service to the client.
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to internal and client-facing project meetings.
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to SEO team meetings.
Basic Understanding of the Following Duties
Monitor, Analyze and Report on SEO Performance
- Monitor client sites regularly for technical crawl issues and other relevant errors using a variety of SEO tools and expertise.
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary addressing KPI trends and progress, and provide actionable recommendations aimed at addressing gaps in performance as well as building on successful activities.
- Prepare periodic reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly, as appropriate to the project), that surface important trends and campaign progress in relevant KPIs, using properly formatted charts, tables and narrative as appropriate.
- Have working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables and vlookups.
Consult on Site-Level SEO Strategies
- Apply, and be able to explain, the concept of content siloing to client website organization.
- Conduct content gap analyses and develop content creation strategies/roadmaps.
- Apply, and be able to explain, SEO best practices for site navigation, breadcrumbing, internal links, and HTML sitemaps to client websites.
- Apply, and be able to explain, SEO best practices for domain, sub-domain and directory structure to client websites.
Conduct Page-Level Optimization
- Execute optimization of webpages for clients’ target keywords using Pure Visibility format.
- Demonstrate the importance of linear keyword distribution and reading level to page-level optimization.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess or be able to:
- Communicate complex SEO strategies to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Measure the success of SEO campaigns with use of web analytics and SEO campaign management tools;
- Analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources;
- Prepare executive-ready reporting of SEO campaign performance;
- 3-5 years of relevant SEO experience;
- Substantial experience with the web development process;
- Sound technical understanding of how search engines, web servers and user agents work;
- Experience using SEO campaign management software (such as BrightEdge, SEMRush, Moz);
- A track record of successful SEO program execution in both B2B and B2C settings, particularly with a lead generation focus;
- Up-to-date understanding of organic search trends, including search engine algorithm changes, the latest tools and technologies;
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
Physical Demands of the Job
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and / or move up to 20 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment for the Job
Employee is usually exposed to an open cubicle environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. While performing the duties of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Individuals may be required to perform other tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.