Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates for this position will be expected to possess:
- Passion for Search and internet marketing.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- Ability to learn new industries and new business types quickly and can apply this knowledge to internet marketing initiatives and achieving client goals.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
Basic Understanding of the Following Duties
Professional Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid Search (PPC), and Social Media Advertising.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Can create pivot tables and work with PowerPoint templates, and create embedded charts.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with popular PPC ad platforms (AdWords, Yahoo, Bing).
- AdWords certification required.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
Monitor, Analyze and Report on PPC Performance
- Monitor client sites regularly for technical crawl issues and other relevant errors using a variety of tools and expertise./li>
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary addressing KPI trends and progress, and provide actionable recommendations aimed at addressing gaps in performance as well as building on successful activities.
- Prepare periodic reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly, as appropriate to the project), that surface important trends and campaign progress in relevant KPIs, using properly formatted charts, tables and narrative as appropriate.
- Have working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables and vlookups.
Audit Websites for PPC Issues
- Using a variety of tools, inspect websites for on-page, off-page, UX, and technical issues that will affect PPC
Consult on Site-Level PPC Strategies
- Apply, and be able to explain, the concept of content siloing to client website organization.
- Apply, and be able to explain, PPC best practices for site navigation, breadcrumbing, internal links, and HTML sitemaps to client websites.
- Apply, and be able to explain, PPC best practices for domain, sub-domain and directory structure to client websites.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess or be able to:
- Communicate complex strategies to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Measure the success of campaigns with use of web analytics and SEO campaign management tools;
- Analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources;
- Prepare executive-ready reporting of PPC campaign performance;
- 3-5 years of relevant PPC/Analyst experience;
- Substantial experience with the web development process;
- Sound technical understanding of how search engines, web servers and user agents work;
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- AdWords certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
Physical Demands of the Job
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and / or move up to 20 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment for the Job
Employee is usually exposed to an open cubicle environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. While performing the duties of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Individuals may be required to perform other tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.